IDSafeChoice provides you and your family with the reassurance that if identity theft strikes, a professional is ready to restore your good name. No matter how long it takes!
You’ve Got an Advocate
You and your family – three generations – are eligible for fully-managed recovery services to restore your good name, should you ever have an identity theft event. This includes services for you and:
- Your spouse or domestic partner
- Your dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address
- Your parents living with you or in elder care, with benefits extended up to 12 months after death
No registration is necessary – you automatically receive these benefits as part of your account. A small monthly fee of $.95 will be charged to your account to offset these security measures.
What Does Recovery Include?
If your identity is compromised in any way, or you suspect identity theft, you’ll be assigned a Personal Certified Recovery Advocate who will:
- Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus
- Review all three of your credit reports to identify fraudulent activity
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal(s) using your identity
- Provide follow-up for 12 months after identity restoration to make sure no other problems surface
All Americana Community Bank consumer checking and consumer savings accountholders are eligible for Recovery Services.
For more information on Identity Theft and how to protect yourself, visit www.idtheftedu.com
Further Protect Yourself and Your Family
Chances are 1 in 23 that you will become a victim of identity theft, according to statistics provided by the Federal Trade Commission. For even more protection, you can upgrade your coverage by purchasing one of these two plans.
IDSafeChoice – Credit Monitoring
You can be proactive with Credit Monitoring from Experian. For only $2.95 per month, you receive:
- Continuous Monitoring of Your Credit Report
- Daily Email Alerts of Suspicious Activity – new credit, inquiries, late payments, change of address and more
- All-is-well Emails Monthly - to let you know the service is still watching out for you
- Recovery Services if Your Credit is Affected
To enroll, go to acbankmonitor.merchantsinfo.com
and click on ENROLL NOW
IDSafeChoice – Plus
Be warned if someone is using your good name. IDSafeChoice Plus provides a total protection package, including all of the benefits of IDSafeChoice, PLUS:
- Identity Protection Awareness test and newsletter
- Annual Experian Credit Report
- Continuous Monitoring of Credit Activity – including daily email alerts of suspicious activity
- Expense Reimbursement** - up to $25,000 for expenses incurred for identity recovery, with zero deductible and including up to $6,250 per week in lost wages
- Toll-free Identity Theft Victim Hotline
You can receive all of the benefits of IDSafeChoice Plus for $5.95 per month, or extend coverage to your entire family for only $9.95 per month.
To enroll, go to acbank.merchantsinfo.com
and click on ENROLL NOW
Did you know.... the age group with the highest incidence of identity theft is between the ages of 18 and 29, accounting for almost a third of all victims? And, there were more than 400,000 cases of identity theft in 2004 for children under the age of 18.
Note: Family Plan includes recovery and reimbursement benefits for the primary plan member, their spouse or domestic partner, and each dependent with the same permanent address as the primary member, up to the age of 25.
** Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
Terms of Services
- 1. Services will be extended to accountholders at the discretion of Americana Community Bank and may be cancelled upon 30 days notice to the accountholder.
- 2. Services extend to all named accountholders, their spouse or domestic partner, dependants under age 25 with the same permanent residence address as the accountholder, including students and military, and parents of the accountholder living at the same address as the accountholder, or living in hospice, assisted living, nursing home or deceased for 12 months or less. The benefit is not extended to Business accounts.
- 3. Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to Americana Community Bank on or after the effective date of the group program.
- 4. Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, social security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- 5. Recovery Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the accountholder or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
- 6. Americana Community Bank and/or its service provider of the identity theft services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- 7. This service does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the accountholder or eligible family member.
- 8. Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- 9. Services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc., www.merchantsinfo.com or an alternate Services Provider selected at the sole discretion of Americana Community Bank.
- 10. Benefits have no cash equivalent and are non-transferrable. Financial losses of any kind arising from Identity Theft are not covered.
Services will be cancelled at the end of the month in which ACB is notified that the qualifying group member has forfeited the benefit.